In November 2020, Microsoft will release Windows 11. It is their latest operating system and the first to use on-chip sound processing technology that takes advantage of the performance gains from emerging processor architectures like AMD’s Ryzen processors. However, just as some users have been able to upgrade from Windows 10 using an existing installation key obtained by upgrading a previous version with File History (the option available for all versions prior), others are experiencing problems when trying to install or re-install Windows 11 without any special keys. If you’re having issues installing or reinstalling your copy of this new OS next year–or if you think it might be related to Task Manager crashing at startup–this article can help!
The “windows 11 wired headphones not working” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue was fixed in 2021.
Are you trying to figure out why your Windows 11 headphones aren’t working?
You’re probably wondering why Windows 11 doesn’t detect headphones.
Windows 11 comes with a slew of productivity enhancements that will improve the user experience and allow office employees to work on numerous activities on the same screen at the same time, which is really nice.
The Microsoft Store will be completely redesigned in Windows 11. Android applications will be available in the Microsoft Store for Windows 11, allowing customers to run Android apps on their PCs.
Using Android tools on your PC will increase productivity.
First and foremost, you should not be concerned since you are not alone in this situation, as many other users are unaware of the correct solutions for Windows 11 Headphones Not Working.
I just wanted to let you know that we’ve put up a list of the best ways to repair Windows 11 not recognizing headphones.
We have some questions and answers for you before we go on to the Solutions.
Why is it that my headphones aren’t being detected by Windows?
Because your headphones may not be correctly attached or the headphone wire may be broken, Windows will not identify them.
In Windows 11, how can I activate headphones?
Following the methods below, you may activate headphones in Windows 11:
- Select Sound Settings by right-clicking on the Sound icon on the taskbar.
- Select Speakers/Headphones from the drop-down menu.
- Then, to ensure that headphones are enabled in Windows 11, run the sound test.
Check out our buying guide to get the best mouse for you.
First, update Audio Diver.
Windows 11 Headphones Not Working alternatively, the sound driver installed on Windows 11 may be obsolete.
Some headphones feature firmware that can be updated via the manufacturer’s website.
However, updating Audio Diver on Windows 11 is worth a shot:
- Select the Search icon.
- Device Manager is a device management program.
- Open Device Manager by clicking on it.
- In the list, check for Audio inputs and outputs.
- Select Update driver from the right-click menu on Speakers/Headphones.
- Select the Settings icon.
- A new window will appear.
- Now, from the left pane, choose Bluetooth & devices, where you’ll see various options tabs.
- Check the Audio section of the Devices menu to see whether your headphones are displayed.
- If they’re listed but still don’t function, press the three dots next to the device.
- Select Remove device from the menu.
- Return to the previous screen and choose the Add device option.
- Add a device window that will appear with three possibilities for you to choose from.
- If the headphones you try to connect to your PC are not in pairing mode, it will not connect.
- Your PC will check for nearby Bluetooth devices when you choose the option.
- Select the device you wish to link with, and a confirmation box will appear, indicating that your Bluetooth device is connected.
- You will also be able to resolve the issue of Windows 11 Headphones Not Working.
Also see: How to Make Your Internet Connection Faster in Windows 11
Solution 3: On Windows 11, run the Sound Troubleshooter.
To repair Windows 11 Headphones Not Working, you must first investigate the audio device, since the issue might be with the system.
How Do I Use Windows 11’s Audio Troubleshooter?
To run Printer Troubleshooter on Windows 11, just follow these steps:
- Select the Search icon.
- Select System from the drop-down menu.
- Now search for Troubleshoot and choose it.
- Select the Other troubleshooter option after that.
- Select Playing Audio under the other header and press the Run button.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts until the troubleshooting is complete.
- After it has finished identifying, check to see if Windows 11 Not Detecting Headphones has been resolved.
Next, we’ll look at how to repair Windows 11 Headphones Not Working.
ALSO READ: How to Fix Wi-Fi Not Appearing in Windows 11?
Solution 4: To Fix Windows 11 Headphones Not Working, Enable Playback Device
The Playback option on your PC may be disabled, resulting in Windows 11 Headphones Not Working.
Why aren’t my headphones shown on my computer?
So, here’s how you can enable playback device in Windows 11:
- Right-click the sound icon in the bottom right corner of your taskbar and choose Sound options.
- Select from the drop-down menu. Additional sound options
- A Sound window will appear as a result of this action.
- Right-click on the device under the Playback tab, and if the option is disabled, click it to enable it.
- Now see if Windows 11 still doesn’t identify your headphones.
Also see: How Do I Change My Windows 11 Display Language?
Solution 5: Update Windows 11 To Resolve The Problem With Windows 11 Not Recognizing Headphones
Windows 11 Headphones Not Working might be caused by an out-of-date computer.
To get the maximum performance out of your PC, ensure sure your Windows operating system is up to date.
Headphones Not Working will be resolved with future updates.
So, here’s how to upgrade your Windows 11 operating system:
- Select the Windows icon.
- When you click the Settings icon, a new window will appear.
- From the left menu, choose Windows Update.
- A new window will appear.
- Then, on the Check for Updates icon, click.
- If an update is available, it will begin upgrading the PC.
- It will take some time for Windows to update, and then you may restart your computer.
I hope you are able to figure out How To Fix Windows 11 Headphones Not Working and that your issues are resolved.
If you have any information about doesn’t recognize headphones Windows 11, please let us know in the comments area.
Are USB headphones superior than those with a 3.5mm audio jack?
As you may be aware, most headphones use a 3.5mm audio connector since it is global and can be linked to any device; nevertheless, the sound quality degrades over time when compared to USB headphones.
Do headphones need the use of specific drivers?
No, the universal headphones do not need specific drivers; just plug them into the jack and listen to your favorite music. Although high-quality headphones, such as Bluetooth headphones, do need additional software that the vendor recommends.
When I plug in my headphones, they don’t function.
When you put in your headphones, they don’t function because the audio driver is out of date or there’s too much dirt in the headphone port.
Watch This Video-
The “windows 11 microphone not working” is a common problem that many people have been experiencing. However, there is a fix for the issue. The fix is to download and install the latest version of windows.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable headphones on Windows 11?
A: Headphones must be enabled in the audio settings of Windows, and also through a microphone.
How do I fix Windows not detecting my headphones?
A: The most common reason for this is that your headphones are using some form of interference. If you use wireless connectivity, try unplugging and replugging them in to make sure theyre working properly. If USB only connects sometimes, move the device around a bit while its connected to see if something changes with how it works.
How do I fix the sound on my headphones Windows 11?
A: The first step to fixing the sound on your headphones is making sure they are plugged into a working port and not just moving air. If this does not work, you may need to download an app called Headphones Fixer that will allow you to fix the issue.
- windows 11 headphones no sound
- windows 11 headphone jack not working
- headphones not detected windows 10 2021
- windows 11 headset microphone not working
- windows 11 headphones sound weird