It’s a common problem with many Chromebooks. The keyboard is not working, or it doesn’t work well. This article will show you how to fix the issue and make your Chromebook keyboard work again.
The hp chromebook some keys not working is a problem that has been present for a while. Dell, Lenovo, Asus, and HP have released fixes to fix the issue.
One of the most popular laptops among students and professionals is the Chromebook. It’s stylish, dependable, and easy to use, making it ideal for a business or school computer. However, you may have issues with your Chromebook in the future, such as the keyboard not functioning.
Hardware failure is one of the reasons for the keyboard problem on your Chromebook. It may be a software problem or anything else that’s causing your Chromebook keyboard to stop working.
Fixing Keyboard Issues on Dell, Samsung, HP, Asus, Lenovo, Google PixelBook, and Acer Chromebooks
So, do you think you’ll be able to solve the keyboard issue on your Chromebook? On a Lenovo, Acer, Samsung, Asus, Dell, HP, or Google PixelBook, there are troubleshooting options to attempt to fix the keyboard problem. Let’s have a look at them.
DO YOU REQUIRE A NEW CHROMEBOOK? Check out these Amazon and Walmart bargains that are only available for a short time!
Melk Hagelslag/Pixabay/Melk Hagelslag/Pixabay/Melk Hagelslag/P
Method 1: Examine your Chromebook keyboard for any physical damage or problems.
Do you have any soiled keys on your keyboard? Things may become trapped between the keys of your keyboard, causing it to malfunction. You may clean your keys by wiping them with rubbing alcohol. Make sure it’s not dripping wet after you’re done. You may clean your keyboard using a cotton swab.
Attempt Method #2: Using an External Keyboard
If you have an external keyboard, you may connect it in and use it instead of the built-in keyboard on your Chromebook. It won’t cure the issue right away, but if you need to use your keyboard right now, it’ll suffice.
Method #3: Restart your Chromebook and Router Devices
- Unplug your modem and router, as well as your Chromebook laptop.
- Before plugging them back in and connecting to the Internet, wait at least 3 minutes.
- Restart your Chromebook and verify that your keyboard is operational.
Method #4 – Perform a Chromebook Hardware Reset or EC Reset.
You may effectively remove and reset the trickle charge that keeps the embedded controller (EC) operating on your Chromebook device by conducting a Hardware or EC Reset.
- Use the Shutdown option to turn off your Chromebook.
- Look for the Power and Refresh keys. For approximately 10 seconds, press and hold them both at the same time.
- First, press and hold the Refresh key.
- Next, press and hold the Power key.
Method #5 – Use a power washer to clean your Chromebook
Google is to blame.
It’s worth noting that Powerwashing your Chromebook will return it to its factory settings. Before doing the Powerwash, it is advised and encouraged that you make a backup of all your data.
- Sign out of your Chromebook account first.
- Press the keys Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r on your keyboard. Hold them in your hands until a menu appears.
- Press the Restart button.
- Choose Powerwash.
- Continue by pressing the Enter key.
- Pay attention to the directions.
- Set up your Chromebook by logging into your Google account.
Which of the following approaches did you find to be effective in resolving the Chromebook keyboard not functioning issue? Please tell us in the comments section below.
TODAY’S DEALS: Save money on a brand-new Chromebook with these Walmart and Amazon deals!
The chromebook keyboard typing wrong letters is a problem that can be fixed by pressing the CTRL, ALT, and ESC keys simultaneously.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Asus Chromebook keyboard not working?
The Asus Chromebook keyboard is not compatible with any other device.
Why is my keyboard on my Chromebook not working?
Your keyboard is not compatible with your Chromebook.
How do I reset my keyboard on my ASUS Chromebook?
You can reset your keyboard by going to the settings menu on your Chromebook. Then, you need to press Ctrl + Alt + F3. This will open a terminal window and you need to enter the command sudo reboot.
- lenovo chromebook keyboard not working
- chromebook keyboard not working after getting wet
- asus chromebook keyboard not working
- lenovo chromebook c330 keyboard not working
- chromebook external keyboard not working