Discord is a great platform for gaming. However, many users of Windows 10 and 8 are reporting that Discord isn’t working properly on those two OS versions. Here’s an easy solution to fix the issue if it happens to you!
The “discord download” is a quick solution to the problem. The Discord app can be downloaded from the website and then installed on Windows 10, 8 or 7.
Discord, a popular free voice and text chat tool for gamers (VOIP gaming platform), enables game participants to communicate by text, video, and audio. It’s also compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and web browsers. To voice chat or send text messages to your gaming teammates on Windows 10, you may use the online app or a standalone app. However, occasionally the Discord app will not launch, and Discord will remain connected. A few users have reported that Discord does not open on startup or that it is stuck updating indefinitely.
Discord won’t open when you try to activate it.
An outdated Discord program, a previous session that was not correctly stopped, a problem with AppData and LocalAppData contents, damaged system files, Internet connection difficulties, misconfigured proxy or firewall settings, and more are all potential causes for Discord Won’t Open Problem. We’ve outlined a couple options for resolving the Discord won’t open problem on Windows 10 below.
Pro tip: Check Discord’s official status page to determine whether the service is down; if it isn’t, the client may be experiencing issues that need to be addressed.
Windows 10 Discord Isn’t Working
If you’ve observed Discord Not Opening Issue for the first time, we suggest restarting your computer. This operation will be straightforward and will resolve the problem caused by a small software flaw.
Also, try running the program as administrator by right-clicking the Discord app shortcut on your desktop and selecting run as administrator.
Make sure you have the most recent version of the Discord app on your device.
Here’s a short hack that works for the majority of users when Discord isn’t launching on startup or is stuck updating indefinitely.
- As an administrator, open the command prompt.
- Press the enter key after typing taskkill /F /IM discord.exe.
- Open task manager by pressing Ctrl + shift + Esc at the same time.
- Find any discord-related process, right-click it, and choose terminate task.
- Again As an administrator, open the command prompt.
- By entering the command ipconfig/flushdns and pressing the enter key, the DNS cache on your device will be cleared.
- That’s all there is to it; now launch the Discord app and see if there are any other issues.
If you still need assistance, use the following supplementary solutions.
Discord Updates are never ending.
Another excellent solution to the discord app bug on Windows 10 may be found here. Before you begin, make sure the Discord app is closed and the Discord process is closed in Task Manager.
Discord should be removed.
- To open the appwiz.cpl file, use Windows + R, enter appwiz.cpl, and click OK.
- Locate the Discord app in the programs and features window, right-click it, and choose uninstall.
- Then, to entirely delete the app from your smartphone, follow the on-screen instructions.
Clear the AppData and LocalAppData directories.
- Press Windows key + R, type %appdata%, and then click OK.
- A new window will appear; scroll down to find the Discord folder, right-click on it to select it, and then delete it.
- Press Windows key + R once again, enter percent localappdata percent, and then click OK.
- Locate the Discord folder, right-click it, and choose Delete.
- Restart your computer after you’ve finished.
Reinstall the Discord application.
- Now go to the official Discord website, download the Discord app, and install it on your smartphone.
- Once Reinstall the Discord App try to log in again. I am sure this process of Reinstall the Discord application. should fix the issues that you were having with the app.
- Use the Web Version to log in.
Examine the proxy or VPN that is creating the problem.
There’s a potential that the discord app isn’t launching because of a proxy server or VPN. Let’s start by disconnecting the VPN (If configured on your Device). Follow the instructions below to disable proxy.
- Search for internet choices in the start menu and choose the first result.
- You may also launch it by searching for inetcpl.cpl in the start menu.
- Click the Connections tab in the Internet Proprieties box that appears.
- Here Click LAN Settings under the Local Area Network (LAN) settings section.
- Now Uncheck the box next to Proxy server in the Proxy server section. For your LAN, use a proxy server.
- Finally, click OK, then apply, and finally restart Discord.
Use the web version of Discord to log in.
A few customers claim that logging in from the web version and then using the Windows app version fixed the discord app issue. If you’re still experiencing issues with the Discord app, such as it failing to start or displaying a grey screen, go to the online version of Discord and sign in.
- Click Login on the official Discord website, https://discordapp.com.
- To log in to Discord via the browser, enter your account details (credentials).
- Restart your Windows 10 and verify whether the Discord software is operating correctly.
Check to see whether your system is up to date.
If you’re using an older version of Windows or haven’t updated in a long time, it’s possible that programs won’t launch or work correctly on your computer. The most recent Windows upgrades offer security enhancements as well as bug fixes.
- To access the Settings app, press Windows key + I.
- Click update & security than windows update,
- To download and install the most recent Windows updates from Microsoft’s server, click the Check for Updates button (if available)
- To implement the changes, restart Windows.
Additional options include:
If your windows 10 computer has a wrong date and time setting then this can also cause Discord not to open. We recommend Set the Windows Date and Time to Automatic. Right-click on the date and time in the lower-right of your screen > Adjust date/time > Set time automatically.
If system files are corrupted, the Discord app may not open or operate properly. Use the system file checker to scan for and replace faulty or missing system files with the proper ones.
The “discord stuck on starting” is a problem that many users are having. The solution to this problem is simple, and it can be found in the Discord FAQ.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Discord shortcut not working?
A: If you get the error This shortcut does not exist when trying to open discord, then that means Discord doesnt recognize your computer. You can use the following guide from this website to fix it by downloading and installing Java 8 update 91 or newer on your machine https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-fix-your-java8
Why does Discord not work on Windows 10?
A: Discord is only compatible with Windows 10, not older versions of the OS.
How do I fix Discord app not opening?
A: To fix your Discord not opening, make sure that you are signed into the app with a valid account. If you need help signing in or creating an account with Discord, please contact their support team at https://discordapp.com/support
- discord not opening
- is discord down
- discord login
- discord not opening reddit
- how to fix my discord